The Need-to-Know: Is Wet Hosing Right for My Fleet?
Wet hosing can help you save time on the job. That’s the rumor, but is it true?
Today, Ricochet Fuel takes a firsthand look at wet hosing and why it is or isn’t the best fit for your fleet.
Wet hosing 101
Wet hosing is a service provided by a fuel distribution company. Instead of your fleet going to a fuel station or installing an on-site tank, a fuel truck arrives to your worksite and supplies fuel to the equipment or vehicles in need.
New to the word “wet hosing?” It may be because there are multiple terms used in the industry, depending on where your industry or where you are from: Wet hosing is sometimes referred to as direct fueling, mobile fueling, fleet fueling, or on-site fueling.
Why wet hosing is a popular choice
Wet hosing is popular primarily for its convenience:
- There are countless variables every time your fleet makes a trip to fuel. From traffic to construction, drivers are rarely in control of the time it takes to get back and forth from the gas station and the worksite.
- If your worksite is conveniently located near a fueling station is wet hosing less advantageous? Perhaps. However, consider that miles quickly add up. For some businesses, reducing mileage, as well as the general vehicle wear and tear that goes with, eventually outweighs any additional costs of wet hosing services.
- For larger projects utilizing largescale machinery, a trip to fuel is not only inefficient, it is unsafe or impossible.
Discover how much you could be saving with our Wet Hosing Savings Calculator.
Is wet hosing right for your fleet?
There are three big questions to ask as you consider whether wet hosing is the best fit for your fleet:
- Are there any better alternatives?
Is your worksite fixed and ready for an on-site fuel tank, or is there considerable paperwork to dig through before a tank could be installed? Where is the nearest fueling station and is it readily accessible for your fleet? Eliminating other fueling options will quickly determine if wet hosing is the most logical fit.
- What is your project’s timeline?
Little time to spare? Wet hosing services, if booked through a reliable provider, can save you valuable time. At Ricochet Fuel, diesel, gasoline, or oil is delivered in any quantity at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Emergency service is also available. If your timetable is tight, these services are essential to prevent delays.
- How important is record-keeping?
If your business has ever struggled with fuel mismanagement, a fuel-distributor controlled service, such as wet hosing, may be worth considering.
Ricochet Fuel readily tracks fuel usage by either individual user or department, based on your setup. Electric fuel monitors offer detailed, precise fuel regulation, as well as easy-to-access reports, such as historical inventory and receipt data. These services save your team both time and money, letting you focus on the project instead of the paperwork.
How to get started
Ricochet Fuel is a world-class fuel distribution company serving the Dallas/Fort Worth region. We have a proven record for both excellent customer service and reliable fuel solutions for companies in every industry. Our services include wet hosing for your fleet.
Use wet hosing to save time on the job. To setup wet hosing for your fleet today, or to learn more about the setup process, contact Ricochet Fuel now.